Stirring Media, LLC is currently looking for a summer intern to join the team! Location: Downtown St. Louis, with opportunities for telecommuting and flexible hours
Stirring Media, LLC is a brand new content marketing and news production startup specializing in managing the online presence of small businesses. We want to provide the resources necessary for them and budding entrepreneurs to achieve success. Stirring Media is currently a company of one, so we’d love to have a talented, motivated number two to join our startup for the next few months and to help build a business that serves other startups and solopreneurs.
We are seeking two part-time, PAID (willing to provide college credit), interns for the summer to help us work with our clients on their content marketing and business blogging needs. The intern will also help with the launch of our upcoming online magazine, Two’s Company, and with the marketing of Stirring Media’s services. Specific hours and start/end dates will be organized with chosen candidate. There’s also a possibility for internship renewal for the fall semester.
Pay is a $500 monthly stipend.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Writing blog posts and articles for clients
- Maintaining social media channels for clients
- Preparing and creating marketing materials, such as blog posts, email newsletters, and white papers for Stirring Media
- Interviewing sources, performing research, and writing articles on the subjects of technology, finance, productivity, and marketing
- Participating in company meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Anything else as needed
- Learning to use a variety of marketing tools, such as HubSpot, Wordpress, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and Sliderocket
- Opportunity to manage client accounts personally
- Gain experience in more than just the marketing and publishing industries, as we have clients in the technology, automotive, and green industries
- Improve on your writing and online publishing skills, and come away with clips to add to your portfolio
- Attend webinars about Facebook advertising and lead generation
- Access to resources on a variety of marketing topics, including (but not limited to) PPC, SEO, lead nurturing, email marketing, and lead intelligence
- Entrepreneurship and business management mentoring
- Since Stirring Media is a company of one, you WILL NOT be relegated to making copies and to getting coffee. You will be vital to growing this business, and will be treated as if you were the CMO or the COO of the company.
- Pursuing, or have, a degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or business administration
- An interest in digital marketing and news production
- Discipline to work independently and to adhere to deadlines
- Superb oral, written, and communication/presentation skills
- Previous experience in blogging, whether personally or professionally
- Local St. Louis candidate preferable, as there will be times when face-to-face meetings and working at the office will be required
- Must own laptop. This is about the only necessity.
How to Apply:
- Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org - resume, cover letter, and writing sample
- Use the subject line, “Summer Internship”
- Writing sample should be a blog post, news article, essay etc. NO academic papers or works of fiction.
- Any application without those three things will be automatically disqualified