Whether you’re a blogger, a small business owner, or have an online enterprise, you are likely to have a Facebook page. If you don’t already, you should, as a Facebook page is a great way to not only promote your product, but reach a bigger audience base as well. How so? Well, every time someone likes your Facebook page or a photo in it, makes a comment, or shares something that you may have wrote and posted, this change is reflected in the timelines of every single person that has liked your page, creating some sort of publicity for you. With this said, the goal of every Facebook page is to boost our online marketing and promotion, but we all have to remember that in doing this, we can either come out professional, or come out annoying, which could turn off some people instead. So, how does one get more likes in their Facebook pages, in a non-annoying way? We have some tips:
- Make the liking option visible, but not pushy - What do we mean by this? Well, a great way to start out is to have a facebook like box on the side of your website or your blog. This is the standard Facebook like box, showing the like button, as well as other people who have liked your page. Your blog readers have the option to click the like button, but you are also not forcing them to do it. The box is there if ever they want to like it, but you don’t put any pressure, such as in the case of a gated-like post, that it turns them off.
- Post appealing, fun, attractive and intriguing photos, status messages or captions - If these posts get your fans to like and comment (hopefully more than once), then this particular post will appear on their Facebook friend’s feeds. If their friends like what they see, or are interested in finding out what you guys are talking about, then he may be very likely to press the like button on your page too!
- Make sure your Facebook friends and fans are part of the conversation - While it is natural for a Facebook page to have promotional posts, make sure yours is different by not going overboard with it. Every once in a while, talk to your fans, and ask them questions, or their opinions. Posts like these make fans feel valued, because they feel like you are actually listening to them.
- Make sure you know what makes your audience tick - After a time of posting photos, statuses, and messages, you may have a clearer idea as to what posts fly, and what go by unnoticed. Take this information and use it! Start to post things that you know will create a buzz, that you know will get hits, and that you know will get likes.
- Use your blog, and other social media to help your Facebook page - Your blog and your Facebook can actually help each other. While you may have originally set up your Facebook page to promote your blog or your website, no one is saying why you can’t also do the reverse. At the end of your blog posts, encourage your fans to like your Facebook page. A few of them may just do it.
What are you waiting for? Time is of the essence! Start implementing these tips now so you get more Facebook likes!
This is a guest post by Sam Briones, a freelance writer and also contributes at Technovate Translations. If not writing for the language and culture subject, she's on the keyboard writing about fashion and pop culture.